UA Innovation Scholar programs give you the opportunity to let your online teaching ideas shine and become the model for others in your field. You’ll have consultation time, materials funding and support from the Innovation Team at every stage of project planning, development, implementation, and assessment.
Four Innovation Scholar awards speak to the variety of possible projects:
- Innovation Scholar Team: for teams of faculty working together to implement innovation across a series of courses or throughout a degree program
- Innovation Spark Scholar: for individual faculty whose projects are small in scope–“plus one” initiatives to spark student engagement
- Innovation Spirit Scholar: for individual faculty whose projects will impact several modules or speak to multiple teaching goals
- Innovation Scholar in Residence: for individual faculty whose projects will have broad impact throughout every portion of an online course, or that span multiple courses within a curriculum
The application process is not difficult!
- Submit your idea. Think of this as beginning a conversation with the Innovation Team. If you tell us your story, ideas and goals, we will help you develop the “what” and “how”! (Idea deadline: November 6, 2017.)
- Submit a Proposal. This includes a fuller project description (based on conversation with the Innovation Team), a budget (if applicable), and a statement committing your time to this project. (Materials deadline: December 4, 2017).
- Pitch your idea to the Innovation Scholar awards committee on December 8 or 11, 2017.
Selected Innovation Scholars will present their ideas at the Online Learning Innovation Summit on January 26, 2018.