- This event has passed.
Invisible Disabilities Workshop
November 2 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
What are invisible disabilities? How can we best serve students and faculty with invisible disabilities? Join us on Friday, November 2, for a cross-campus workshop where you’ll learn from experts, engage with panelists, experience tools and resources, and network with others around invisible disabilities and related topics.
8:30 – Registration
9:00 – Welcome and Presentation: Living with Invisible Disability
10:00 – Cross-Campus Panel Discussion
- Nancy Payne, Invisible Disabilities
- Laurie Bonnici, Information Technology Accessibility & Universal Access Modeling
- Nirmala Erevelles, Disability Studies
- Vanessa Goepel, Disability Services
- Melissa Green, Technology Accessibility
- Beth Howard, Title IX
- Lacee Nisbett, Human Resources & eLearning
- Kristin Noppenberger, Online Course Accessibility
11:00 – Interactive Tools and Resources
12:00 – Final Reflection on Invisible Disability
12:15 – Lunch and Student Panel on Invisible Disabilities
This workshop began as an Innovation Scholar project by Nancy Payne of the School of Social Work, to explore the concept of invisible disabilities and think together about how we support faculty and students with invisible disabilities, both on campus and online. The workshop and lunch are hosted by the College of Continuing Studies.