The Sanford Media Center is now scheduling spring 2021 tours and instruction for UA courses.
Here’s the most important stuff:
- The SMC lab will be open 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sign up for tours and instruction for your course. Please note that scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students will be able to check out media equipment.
- DSLR training will be provided.
- The Whisper Room studios will be available.
- Our services have been modified to adhere to the Libraries’ Spring 2021 Facilities Use Guidelines.
Like you, we are uncertain exactly what the new year will bring and how classes and instruction will look, a lot depends on decisions made at the federal/state/system/university levels. We are continually updating info about our operations for the coming semester on our website: lib.ua.edu/smc. We will continue to support creative multimodal learning and multimedia projects at UA through online class sessions via Zoom, virtual office hours, asynchronous online tutorials, and socially-distanced in-person instruction in the SMC and elsewhere.
We are here to work with you and figure out what works best for your students and their projects. In addition to the online modes mentioned above, we are currently planning to offer in-person instruction in the SMC lab (up to 7 people), the Gorgas Yellowhammer Instruction Room (~20 people, socially distanced), or via visits to your classrooms on request.
If you have other requests for instruction or consultation, if you’d like to discuss the specifics of an assignment or have an idea for something new, please contact us and we will work to accommodate you. We look forward to working with you in spring 2021, as well as what will hopefully be a much brighter year as winter turns to spring. Please feel free to share this message with any colleagues who may be interested in working with the SMC!