- This event has passed.
Deadline: Learning in Action Fellowship Application
Faculty interested in using experiential learning opportunities (ELOs) to assist undergraduates in developing strong problem-solving skills are invited to apply for The University of Alabama Learning in Action Fellowship.
The current application deadline is March 8th, 2019 for the Fall 2019 fellowship cohort.
Faculty members who are interested in engaging diverse student populations and providing unique opportunities to actualize creativity and innovation in teaching and learning are encouraged to apply. Faculty members who are selected will:
- be recognized as campus leaders in experiential learning;
- receive guidance from national leaders in the field of experiential learning through on-campus and off-campus events;
- be supported by a collaborative peer network via professional communities and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness;
- be eligible for reimbursement up to $1,500 to be used for professional development that supports the development of professional knowledge/skills related to experiential learning, problem-solving, course design, assessment, or pedagogy relevant to one’s discipline.
- be eligible to receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement for resources needed to implement the ELO.
About Learning in Action
Learning in Action is The University of Alabama’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Through supporting high-quality experiential learning inside and outside of the classroom, we help undergraduates develop strong problem-solving skills and connect coursework to real-world contexts.
Questions? For more information about Learning in Action and the Learning in Action Fellowship program, please contact Dr. Heather Pleasants at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (205) 348-7899. We also encourage you to visit our website at http://learninginaction.ua.edu/.